The D&H Trail received PA 2021 Trail of the Year, so to celebrate we will get things in motion with a bike to farm/table experience and a virtual biking/walking challenge for the whole month of May.
On May 1, 2021; Bike to farm/table at Camp Bluestone in Ararat, enjoy good food and music, there will be corn hole, horseshoes, and then when you’re ready you can ride back to the Trailhead.
Bikers will ride to Camp Blue Stone, a unique event venue designed as a place for people to gather and enjoy the picturesque views of the mountains. They will enjoy a catered lunch by Red Rock BBQ, soft drinks and a dessert table from local vendors.
Music will be by Common Thread from 11:30-3:00.
*You must pre-register for this event by April 25 and the cost will be $25.00 per person, checks maybe made out to Rail Trail Council of NEPA and sent to PO Box 32, Union Dale, PA 18470
Seating will be limited, so don’t wait.
(Bike Start time will be up to you and there will be three different choices for riding distance;
- Burnwood/Fiddle Lake Trailhead, 6 miles/12 round trip,
- Union Dale Trailhead, 10 miles/20 round trip,
- Forest City Trailhead, 15 miles/ 30 round trip.)
More May Events
May 1 thru May 31, 2021; Virtual Challenge 100 miles biking or 50 miles walking
The Spring Virtual Challenge has a goal of completing 100 miles by bike or 50 miles walking.
- You can choose any section of the trail and it can be done anytime during May 1 thru May 31.
- You can register starting April 19.
- You will receive a certificate of completion and a sticker.
- This will be a fundraiser for improvements and maintenance on the D&H Trail.
- $10 for members, $15 for non-members
May 3, 10, 17, 24, 2021; Walking Mondays starting at the Union Dale Trailhead 10 am start
May 5, 12, 19, 26, 2021; Biking Wednesdays starting at the Morris Ave/Simpson Trailhead 5:30 start