Tail on the trail
I would encourage you to get yourself signed up on Tailonthetrail.org website. There is a challenge going on currently…165 miles (May 2020-Nov 2020). All activities count…this will help you keep track of your accomplishments on the Trail and at Home. If you go to the Website, scroll down you will see the “Conversion Chart”, i.e. 20 minutes of Yoga equals 1 mile or 22 minutes of Yard Work equals 1 mile….the miles accumulate quickly and you will be amazed at your accomplishments.
For the Safety of all, we are asking that you please PRE-REGISTER for all events, by emailing, firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the office, wear a mask, we will be honoring the 6 ft distance rule.
You can check our website or Facebook for upcoming events as new ones might get added. Currently we will have the following…
- Walking Mondays, 9 am, October 5, 12, 19, 26.
- Biking Wednesdays, 4:30 pm, October 7, 14, 21, 28, (Forest City Trailhead).
- Second Saturdays Yoga Walk, October 10, 9:30 am, Union Dale Trailhead
- Pop-up hikes and biking, exploring different sections of the Trail.
- Panther’s Hike, October 17, 10 am, Homestead St. O&W Trailhead, Simpson
- Biketoberfest, October 24. 20 mile bike ride at noon, 10 mile bike ride goes off at 1 pm. You can do your own ride…you choose. Parking meeting and start at Cables. (Look for details on our Facebook page.)
- Blue Moon Hike, October 31, 8 pm, meeting at Rail Trail Office-Cables. Headlamps needed, we have extras.